"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 29 accomplished = 44 recipes to bake
It is always with great excitement, that I check out the monthly theme for the blog event Tea Time Treat, which is hosted by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. Here in March it is Karen from Lavender and Lovage, who is the virtual hostess for the monthly blogging event, which is having focus on French tarts, cakes, bakes and pastries.
I have been wondering, what I should bake for this theme of French style cakes !!!! I am a great fan of macaroons, but after I have brogth a specific book on this topic, I have realised, that I am lacking some important kitchen equipment in form of kitchen mixer, as you apparently need to whip the macaroon dough for 15 minutes !!!!!!!
Another option would have been to bake some Madeleine's, but then I found a recipe on Tartes aux Pommes in the baking book "Hjemmebagt", which could serve as "two birds with one stone", managing one more recipe on my task baking all the recipes in this bread and at the same time to participate in this virtual tea time table.
Tartes aux Pommes: - 9 cakes
- 250 g fine spelt flour
- 175 g butter - dices in smaller pieces
- 20 g sugar
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 50 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 250 g apple mash/compote
- 1 egg - whipped together
- pearl sugar
- Crumble the cold butter pieces and flour together.
- Stir the yeast and sugar into the whipping cream, until the yeast is dissolved.
- Add this whipping cream into the flour, and knead the dough fast together, until it is smooth.
- Store the dough cold for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 220'C.
- Roll the dough out and cut out 18 circle pieces with a diameter of 8 cm.
- Place 9 circles on the baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Place the apple compote in the middle of these circles.
- Brush the dough circle outside the apple compote.
- Place the remaining the dough circles on top of the apple compote circles. The edges are pressed together with a fork.
- Afterwards the dough is brush with whipped egg and sprinkled with pearl sugar.
- Bake the apple tarts at 220'C in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes.