After the massive shopping of vanilla pods together with a group of colleague, I have plenty, let´s repeat plenty of vanilla pods, so you just crab a vanilla pod without even thinking about, when you are busy making cakes or other sweet stuff in the kitchen.
Therefore I decided to turn these sweet waffles into a more luxury version using one vanilla pod.
Vanilla Waffles: - 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 410 g milk
- 240 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½-1 vanilla pod (depend on size) - the corns
- 110 g butter - melted
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 220'C.
- Whip milk and egg together by hand in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter.
- Remove the vanilla corn from the vanilla pod. Mix in the sugar, so the vanilla corns not are one big mass.
- Add flour, salt, sugar with vanilla corns and baking powder. And stir everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Place the silicone waffler forms on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Pour the waffler dough in the silicone forms.
- Bake the wafflers in the middle of the oven at 220'C for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the wafflers from the oven, de-mould the wafflers from the silicone by turning up-side-down and place the wafflers on the baking tray itself.
- Bake the wafflers with pattern side at 220'C for 6-8 minutes until they turn golden.
- Serve together with fresh fruit and ahorn syrup.