When you are making your own home-made juice, you are at the same time having a lot of juice waste in form of pulp. When possible I added the juice pulp into something.
So this time I used the pulp of 9 apples (only the apple part from CARROT LIFT), when I baked this bread using this best bread of the World.
It was very interesting to see, how the apple pulp took up the water, when add the water part, and turn the appearance of the water into apple mash !!! I did expect, that this apple pulp would bring some kind of flavour into the bread, however, I have not noticed in difference in the flavour of the bread.
Perhaps the bread is more soggy than usual, so an increase in the baking time of 5 minutes under lid could be an option to avoid this soggy texture. I assume the sogginess is coming from the apple pulp.
Best Bread of the World with apple twist: - 1 bread
- 625 g water
- 9 apples - only the pulp from juice making
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 625 g wheat flour (550 g wheat flour and 75 g whole grain wheat flour)
- Stir yeast and water together in a big mixing bowl. Add apple pulp, salt, honey and flour and stir with a cooking spoon.
- Rise the dough to rise at room temperature overnight - minimum 12 hours.
- Take the dough out off the mixing bowl, move 1/3 of the dough in over the rest of the dough, keep repeating this process untill you have a small size of the dough.
- Clean the mixing bowl for any dough leftovers.
- Place the dough again in a clean miing bowl, ket is rise again for 2 hours.
- Heat up the cast iron cooking pot incl. lid on a rack in the lower part of the oven at 250°C (fan oven) for ½ hour.
- Remove the hot cast iron cooking from the oven, remove the lid. Cover the bottom of the cooking pot with oat flakes, as this will prevent the dough from sticking to firm to the surface.
- Place the dough in the hot cast iron cooking pot, put the lid back on. Place the cooking pot in the lower part of the oven, let it bake at 250°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the cast iron cooking pot, and let the bread bake at 250°C for another 15 minutes.
- Let the bread cold down on the cast iron cooking pot for 30 minutes. before it is taken out.