One of my good rowing friends talked, that she had made ramson salt and as she was able to supply me with fresh ramson from a nearby forest, I went searching some ramson salt on google. After having looked into several recipes, I decided to use this recipe on ramson salt by Joanna´s kreative madhjørne as inspiration.
When you are drying the salt in the oven, the entire house was smelling of garlic !!!
- 100 g ramson leaves
- 500 g rough salt
- Start by cleaning the ramson leaves in water. Remove excess water using a salad spinner.
- Blend ramson leaves and salt together in a blender. Place the ramson leaves next to blender knifes, as the salt will cover the knifes and making it impossible to blend it into a homogeneous mass.
- Place the homogeneous mass on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Dry the salt in the oven 50'C (fan) for 2-3 hours.
- After drying and cooling down, I used a mortar for breaking up the salt, before storing it in airtight glass containers.