Great tasting and very easy to prepare snack, which you could serve as either a small starter or as a snack together with drinks.
I used ready-to-use puff pastry dough, as I had some many more thing to prepare for my birthday lunch. So do, what it most easy for you making your own puff pastry dough or using ready-to-use dough.
As nuts I used pecan nuts as I could not locate any walnuts in my kitchen, while making this snack. So again use pecan, walnuts, hazel nuts, pine kernels and what ever you have in your kitchen cupboards.
Small puff pastry pies with goat cheese: - 7 small pies
- 200-300 g ready-to-use puff pastry dough
- 100 g fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 14 needles of fresh rosemary
- 40 g pecan nuts - medium chopped
- Heat up the fan oven to 190'C.
- Use a large tumbler glass to cut 7 circles of the puff pastry dough. Cover each hole in a muffin form with this circle of puff pastry dough.
- Place a slice of fresh goat cheese into each muffin form covered with puff pastry dough.
- Sprinkle each slice of goat cheese with 2 needles of fresh rosemary.
- Place the honey (1/4 teaspoon of honey) on top of the goat cheese.
- Finally added the chopped pecan nuts as topping of each small pie serving.
- Bake at 190'C for 10-12 minutes.¨
- Serve warm :-)