Today it is Easter Saturday, which is the third day in the Danish Easter vacation.
It is quiet some time since I last time baked an Easter Lamb using my Easter lamb form from Alsace. And this I got closer to find a good taste and texture inside this Easter Lamb using a combination of lemon zest and marzipan.
Easter lamb with marzipan and lemon:
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 125 g (cake) flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 75 g marzipan - roughly grated
- 1 organic lemon - only the zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
- Divide the egg into egg yolk and egg white. Beat the egg white into a stiff foam.
- Whip the egg yolk, lemon zest, marzipan, water and icing sugar together into a white and foamy mix.
- Afterwards whip in the baking powder and flour.
- Gentle stir in the egg white foam, little by little, as the cake mix is quiet firm.
- Brush the Easter lamb form with melted butter or oil.
- Fill up the Easter lamb, until it is 75% filled.
- Bake the Easter lamb in the lower part of the oven at 180'C for 45 minutes.
- Let the Easter lamb cool down, before you take it out for the form.