Today it is Easter Sunday, which is the fourth day in the Danish Easter vacation. And today it is time for some Easter scones with addition of marzipan and sucat, some another way of getting ride of any Christmas leftovers of marzipan and sucat. Here in Denmark we have a saying, that Christmas lasts until Easter !
As I am am adding marzipan, I decided not to add any sugar at all into these scones.
Easter Scones with marzipan and sucat: - 12 pieces
- 450 g all pupose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking power
- 125 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2 dl milk
- 100 g marzipan - roughly grates
- 75 g sucat - roughly chopped
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
- Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
- Add the milk and egg without kneading it into a dough.
- Finally add in the marzipan and sucat without kneading it into dough consistency.
- Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
- Press the dough into a height of 4-5 cm using your hands.
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 250'C.
- Use a smaller glass to cut scones out of the dough.
- Bake the scone at 250'C for 10-15 minutes.