July 13, 2018

Afternoon tea at the Mad Hatters, London


During my first part of the Summer vacation, where I spend some days in London, before participating in jam making course at WI, I managed to visit various museums, went on gin distillery tour and fill up my suitcase with various shopping,

When I am in London I always book afternoon tea at different places, and this time I booked aftenoon tea at Mad Hatters. The weather was lovely, so the afternoon tea could be enjoyed in the hotel court yard, which was full of flamingos as a way of celebrating the 50 years "birthday" of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé.

The afternoon tea menu consist of:

Savoury part:

  • Smoked salmon Scotch quails egg with caviar and cream cheese
  • Stack of King of Hearts ham and parmesan croque-monsieur
  • Cornish crab brioche roll with spiced avocado and coriander
  • White Rabbit cucumber and cream cheese sandwich on pesto bread
Sweet part:

  • Queen of Hearts rose and strawberry Jammy Dodger
  • Mocha chessboard gateau
  • Tweedle Dee lemon curd financier
  • Mad March Hare vanilla pocket watch macaroon
  • Chocolate and pistachio Blue Caterpillar
  • Wonderland marshmallow magic mushrooms
  • Mad Hatters lost carrot and fennel meringue
  • Alice’s exotic fruits “ Drink Me” potion
  • Sanderson’s warm scones served with Cornish clotted cream and fruit preserve 












The afternoon teat costed 75 £ including a glass of champagne and you could get re-fills of the tea. It was not exceptional, and in my opinion the afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason was a better experience. The service of the waiters is good, but for me the taste and texture was average without any wauw effect. The names in the menu raise the expectation, which the actual food cannot fulfill, so I will give this afternoon tea experience a total of 3 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...