I continue to share recipes with you from my participation in the Summer preserves course, this time is a recipe on herb-scented cordial, which is very, very easy to make.
Instead of geranium leaves mint, lemon balm, lemon balm in combination with rosemary could be used for infusion of cordial.
I will use the basic cordial recipe in my little for some other herb-scented cordial version.
Herb-scented cordial with geranium: - 1bottle
- 300 ml water
- 85 g sugar
- 1 lemon - the juice of it
- 10 scented herb leaves - lemon or orange geranium
- Bring the water to the boil in a cooking pot. Add in the lemon juice and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the cooking pot from the heat and add in the herbs.
- Cover the cooking pot with a lid, and let the herb leaves infuse for minimum 30 minutes or night over.
- Sieve the cordial through a sieve lined with thin cotton muslin.
- Pour the cordial into a clean bottle.
- Store cold in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- When serving dilute one part cordial with five parts of water.