I have located this recipe on crumble cake in the weekly magazine "Søndag". I have made no adjustments to the recipe, well I used more blackcurrant jam, than originally mentioned in the recipe, so I could cover all crumble layer.
You can either use commercial blackcurrant jam or home-made blackcurrant jam. I can easily imaging, that you use other types of jam.
Crumble cake with blackcurrant jam: - 1 cake:
- 100 g dinkel wheat flour
- 250 g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g butter - medium diced
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½-2 dl blackcurrant jm
- Heat up the oven to 190'C.
- Add the dinkel wheat & wheat flour together with the baking powder into the medium sized bowl.
- Add in the diced butter,
- Add in the butter pieces, rub in the butter using only your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in 1 tablespoon sugar & anise seeds together with the egg yolks, and knead the mixture together without over-kneading the dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of baking parchment.
- Take two of the dough portions and press into the baking tray into a height of ½ cm.
- Spread out the blackcurrant jam on top of the crumble dough in a thin layer.
- Add in 1 tablespoon sugar into the remaining crumble dough.
- Sprinkle out the crumble dough on top of the blackcurrant jam.
- Bake the cake at 190'C for 30 minutes.
- After baking remove the cake from the oven, cool down the cake, before it is cut into smaller pieces.