I have located this recipe in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 27/2020). As I really, really dislike blue cheese, I decided to remove this type of cheese during my cooking.
And instead of using 2 red pepper fruits, I used a combination of one green and one red pepper fruit. So again use, what you have available already in your kitchen of various coloured pepper fruits.
The goat cheese is added after the cooking of the pasta sauce in connection with the serving. There I found, that the pasta sauce taste such as good without as with the addition of goat cheese. So, if you dislike goat cheese, as some people do, when exclude the use of goat cheese.
Pasta dish with pepper fruit & goat cheese: - 2-3 servings
- 1 onion - medium chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - medium-fine chopped
- olive oil
- 2 pepper fruit (green, yellow, red) - seeds removed and medium chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ dl white wine
- ½ dl water
- 1½ tablespoon tomato concentrate
- salt, sugar & pepper
- 200 g pasta
- 100 g fresh goat cheese - medium chopped
- fresh basil
- Add the chopped onion and garlic into hot oil into a medium-large cooking pot.
- Add in the chopped pepper fruit, and let it fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the wine, water, canned tomato and tomato concentrate and stir well.
- Place the lid on the cooking pot, and let it simmer gentle for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, sugar & pepper.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta.
- Drain the pasta from water, and add the pasta into the tomato-pepper fruit sauce.
- Top the pasta dish with goat cheese and basil leaves.
- Enjoy :-)