November 09, 2020

Squash cake a la Søndag



It is time for squash, which be used for both cooking as well as baking. I have tested this recipe on squash cake in the weekly magazine "Søndag". I decided to supplement the spices with a little nutmeg. And instead of dark chocolate I used milk chocolate, as I dislike dark chocolate. So use the chocolate, which you personally prefer.

I also decided not to make the frosting of cream cheese and sour cream. 

I really like the spices part of the recipe, but I prefer the texture of this squash cake. Therefore I think, I will combine these recipes into one cake next time, when I bake squash cake.

As other suggestion for helping out on a surplus of squashes, when take a look at these baking recipes in form of

Squash cake a la Søndag: - 1 cake
  • 3 eggs
  • 170 g sugar
  • 150 g (cake) wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoon cardamom
  • ½ teaspoon nutmeg 
  • vanilla sugar
  • 1 dl sunflower oil
  • 250 g squash (roughly grated)
  • 1 organic lemon - both the the zest & juice
  • 50 g milk chocolate - medium chopped
  • 50 g walnut - medium chopped
  1. Heat up the oven to 200'C.
  2. Add sugar and eggs oil into a medium size mixing bowl and whip it together with an electrical beater.
  3. Add in wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom into the egg-sugar mass, whip it together.
  4. Stir in the grated squash, lemon zest & juice and sunflower oil.
  5. Finally stir in the chopped chocolate & walnut.
  6. Fill the cake in a baking tray of 23 x 33 cm. Before filling in the dough, cover the baking tray with a piece of baking parchment. 
  7. Bake the cake at 200'C for 45-60 minutes. Check, that the cake is baked, before it is removed from the oven.
  8. Cool down the cake, before it is served with a cup of tea & coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...