As the Winter is getting colder here in Denmark it is time to make some warm soup. Here I am starting out with using this recipe on tomato soup by Valdemarsro as starting point with a few modification such as using more dairy cream and less onion :-)
Any left over of this soup can be placed in the freezer for later use.
Thick & cream tomato soup by Valdemarsro: - 4 servings
- 1 onion - medium chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic - fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 leak - fine sliced
- 3 carrots - roughly grated
- 3 potatoes - roughly grated
- 3 tins (400 g) of canned tomatoes
- 70 g tomato concentrate
- 1 l vegetable stock
- ½-2 dl dairy whipping cream 30-38% fat
- soup noodles
- salt & pepper - for seasoning
- Fry the chopped onion & garlic in the olive oil in a medium-large cooking pot, until the onion is clear in the colour.
- Add in the species and fry them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable, tomato, tomato concentrate & vegebtable stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Let the soup simmer gently under lid for 15 minutes.
- Blend the tomato soup.
- Add in the dairy cream together with the soup noodles.
- Lets the soup simmer gentle, until the noodles are ready.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve :-)