October 11, 2012

"Pink" muffin fund raising at work

Muffin fund raising uniform
First of all a BIG thank to all of my fantastic work colleagues, who participated in this muffin fund raising event for the fight against breast cancer :-) as well as their positive response to this idea of mine.

In October month there is a lot focus here in Denmark (like many other places in world) on breast cancer as well as collecting money to support both research in this sickness as well as support to women living with it.

So besides from buying the yearly T-shirt, I took the decision of involving my work colleagues as well in form of a PINK muffin fund raising at the afternoon coffee based their previous great support to such a crazy idea of mine. And this time I felt much better making such a fund raising selling home-made blackberry muffin, as I once before tried to step out of my comfort zone "demanding" money for eating my muffins.

I looked into there the collected money could be donated. One option would be "Støt brysterne", but here the amount of money need to fit with 50 DKK - 100 DKK - 150 DKK etc, which would be tricky in my case, as I would not "demand" 25 or 50 DKK per muffin. Luckily enough I found, that any amount of money would be accepted by www.araceagainstbreastcancer.dk, so therefore they will received the collected money.

This time I did not state a starting donation, but I left to each participants to make their price evaluation. 17 of my work colleagues turned up donating a total of 273 DKK, which equals a price on 16.05 DKK for each muffin, which is almost 5 DKK more compared to the last fund raising, where a muffin selling price was 11.38 DKK. 

As an extra little something, two colleague had their name drawn out in a muffin donation "lottery". One person got a glass blackberry jam with lemon and balcamico and the other person got a small bottle of blackcurrant rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...