|Wonderful colour combination|
- 400 g edam beans with peel
- 200 g peas
- 3 tablespoons of lemon thyme - chopped
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Defrost the edam beans and peas, if frozen.
- Remove the pod from the edam beans.
- Fill a cooking pot with water and salt, bring it to the boil.
- Add the edam beans and cook them for 1 minute.
- Add the peas and cook beans and peas for another 1 minute.
- Add the beans and peas in a sieve in order to remove the water. Afterwards cool down the beans and peas with cold water.
- Shake the beans and peas very well to remove the water.
- Add beans and peas into a food processor and run to the desired consistency.
- Add chopped lemon thyme, mayonnaise, lemon juice to the bean-pea mass in the food-processor and run it again to a homogeneous mass.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve the "humus" of edam beans and peas with grissini, carrots and other fresh vegetable.