Happy birthday to Tea Time Treat !!!!This month the blog event "Tea Time Treat" is celebrating it´s 1 year birthday - so a BIG "Happy Birthday" to Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked, which are hosting this very funny, great idea and from time to time challenging virtual tea table, where you can so more many fantastic ideas for your very own tea table in real life. It is Karen from Lavender and Lovage, who is the virtual hostess for November 2012 and she has off cause selected the theme of guess what ? yes it is CAKE :-)
Being quiet busy in my kitchen preparing for my own upcoming event on my blog in December, I decided to share my very own birthday cake from May this year for this tea table. This cake contain alcohol, so not a good choice for serving to children.
Birthday cake - lagkage: - 1 cake for 6-8 persons
- 3 sponge cake layers
- Blackcurrant rum
- 1 bag of cream cake vanilla powder
- 400 g milk
- 250 g dairy whipping cream - 38% fat - whipped not to firm
- Fresh fruit from the season
- 250 g dairy whipping cream - 38% fat - whipped more firm
- Icing sugar
- Blackcurrant rum
- Start by mixing the cream cake vanilla powder with the milk - stir very well - place in the refrigerator for minimum 30 minute.
- Meanwhile clean the fresh fruit.
- Brush the sponge cake layer with blackcurrant rum
- Whip the first part of the dairy whipping cream into foam, but a light foam.
- Mix the whipped cream together with the cream cake, and stir into a homogeneous mass.
- Place ½ of this cake cream on a bottom layer of sponge cake.
- Place ½ of the fresh fruit on top of this cream cake layer.
- Top with another layer of sponge cake.
- Place the rest of this cake cream on this second sponge cake layer
- Place the rest of the fresh fruit on top of this cream cake layer.
- Finish of with the last of the sponge cake layer.
- Mix icing sugar with blackcurrant rum and decorate with the top layer of sponge cake.
- Whip the second of the dairy whipping cream into a firmer foam and decorate the side of the birthday cake with it.
- Eat the cake or let it rest to the next day.
WOW! Thanks so much for this LOVELY birthday cake Kiki, it is FABULOUS! KarenReplyDelete
thank you for your comment :-) It is always a pleasure to participate in your and Kate virtual tea table.
Many tea greeting Kirsten