October 04, 2014

Rich chocolate cake


I am been turning this classic chocolate cake into a chocolate cake with much indulgent chocolate taste. According to my colleagues I have successed with the mission of mine :-)

Well, what did I make of changes ? First of all I added into some real dark chocolate together with the cocoa powder. Secondly I divided the sugar into ½ sugar and ½ brown sugar, as I find brown sugar to give more of dark caramel flavour. And finally I replace the orange juice with milk to remove acidity from the taste and hopefully increase the indulgence.

Rich chocolate cake:
  • 175 g cake flour
  • 125 g sugar
  • 125 g dark sugar
  • 50 g cocoa powder (without sugar)
  • 70 g dark chocolate - melted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
  • 150 g butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 100 g milk
  1. Heat the oven to 175'C
  2. Whip butter and sugar together.
  3. Add baking powder and vanilla sugar.
  4. Add the eggs and whip.
  5. Add milk and whip together.
  6. Add the cake flour and whip again.
  7. Add the cocoa powder and stir it well into the cake mix.
  8. Finally add the melted chocolate and stir it well into the cake mix.
  9. Fill the baking form with the cake mix.
  10. Bake the cake at 175'C for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...