I am been turning this classic chocolate cake into a chocolate cake with much indulgent chocolate taste. According to my colleagues I have successed with the mission of mine :-)
Well, what did I make of changes ? First of all I added into some real dark chocolate together with the cocoa powder. Secondly I divided the sugar into ½ sugar and ½ brown sugar, as I find brown sugar to give more of dark caramel flavour. And finally I replace the orange juice with milk to remove acidity from the taste and hopefully increase the indulgence.
Rich chocolate cake:
- 175 g cake flour
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g dark sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 70 g dark chocolate - melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g milk
- Heat the oven to 175'C
- Whip butter and sugar together.
- Add baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Add the eggs and whip.
- Add milk and whip together.
- Add the cake flour and whip again.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir it well into the cake mix.
- Finally add the melted chocolate and stir it well into the cake mix.
- Fill the baking form with the cake mix.
- Bake the cake at 175'C for 45 minutes.