I have reduced the sugar level from this white chocolate panna cotta with cherry sauce, as I found it to be too sweet even for my sweet tooth. The actually sugar reduction was fro 120 g to 100 g sugar, which is giving a much more balanced sweetness, when used together with white chocolate, which is quiet sweet.
White chocolate panna cotta: - 12 portions
- 500 g dairy whipping cream, 38% fat
- 500 g milk, 0-3.5% fat
- 100 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod - corns and pod
- 150 g white chocolate - chopped finely
- 6 leaves of gelatine
- Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl with cold water.
- Remove the vanilla corns from the pod, shred the corns apart using a little part of the sugar.
- Pour the milk and cream into a small cooking pot, adding in the sugar, vanilla corn and pod on top.
- Heat up the cream base, and let it cook gentle for 10 minutes.
- Put the white chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour over the cream base over the white chocolate, while stirring.
- When the white chocolate is melted, squeeze the gelatine sheets for water, and them into the panna cotta mass.
- Stir very well to avoid gelatine strings. I use an electrical beater for this purpose.
- Pour the panna cotta mass in the serving forms.
- Store cold in the refrigerator for minimum 3-4 hours.
- Served the white chocolate panna cotta with fruit sauce for having a more fresh taste.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.