I have found this recipe on salted almonds on the blog "Maden i mit liv", and I have made no modifications to it.
My birthday guests did their best to eat all these almonds, however I had saved a portion for myself for later indulgence !! The comments to the almonds were, that they were very good and not too salty, which salted almonds sometimes can be.
I will for sure be making these almonds again, perhaps the taste with various herb addition.
- 200 g almonds
- 4 tablespoons of sea salt
- 400 g boiling water
- Start by dissolving the sea salt in the boiling water in a bowl, before the almonds are into this salt solution.
- Let the almonds soak for 20-25 minutes with a lid covering the bowl.
- Remove the almonds from the salt solution.
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Roast the almonds at 200'C for 8-10 minutes, mix around the almonds one or two times during the roasting process.
- Cool down the almonds, before storing in an airtight container.