The sweet finishing touch for my birthday Summer tapas was this almond cake served together with orange sauce. The original recipe can be found in the cooking book "Politikens bog om tapas" by Anne Hjernøe.
I made no changes to the original recipe. Another time I think I will be twist the taste by addition of some orange flower water.
- 250 g butter - melted
- 150 g almond flour - blend almonds with their skin into flour in a blender
- 100 g (cake) flour
- 250 g icing sugar
- organic orange - only the zest
- 6 egg whites
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 210'C.
- Whip almond flour, flour, icing sugar and orange zest together in the mixing bowl on the KitchenAid on speed 1.
- Add the egg whites one by one, while whipping on speed 2-3.
- Finally add in the melted butter, while whipping.
- Fill the cake dough in a round silicone form (diameter 28 cm).
- Bake the cake at 210'C in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake, before serving it orange sauce or perhaps even vanilla ice cream.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.