Again I have receive from mega blackberries from the kitchen garden of my very good friends in Horsens. This time I have been making a more classic jam with a small twist of balcamico.
- 700 g (Danish) blackberries
- 50 g water
- 350 g sugar - of which 50 g is used for dry-mixing with pectin and citric acid
- 10 g gelling powder (pectin)
- 2 g citric acid
- 1 teaspoon of balcamico
- preservative - optional
- Heat up the blackcurrant in a cooking pot together with a small amount of water.
- When the blackcurrant have reach a temperature of 80°C, add the gelling powder and agitate very well.
- It is important NOT to add the sugar at this stage, as the gelling powder need the water from the fruit to hydrate sufficiently.
- Bring the fruit to the boiling point and let it boil for 2 minutes
- Add the sugar to the fruit. It is very important, that you add the sugar little by little, while you agitate, in order to pre-gelling/gel lumps in the jam.
- Bring the fruit the boiling point again and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Addition of balcamico, add it by ½ teaspoon by the time, so you can adjust the taste to your own preference.