Gazpacho is an excellent dish to serve on hot Summer day, where you do not want to spend time cooking in a warm kitchen. At the same time you can use vegetables being in season, so all in all a win-win situation.
I have found this recipe in the cooking book called "Tapas". I have one modification to the recipe, as I found the taste of tomato to be too low, so I added in some tomato concentrate.
The colour is brownish, and not red, which is due to the fact, that green vegetable in form of green pepper fruit and cucumber is added in as well.
Gazpacho: 3-4 servings
- 1 cucumber - roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper fruit - diseeded and roughly chopped
- 400 g of canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion - roughly chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic - roughly chopped
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of tomato concentrate
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Clean all the vegetables and chopped them roughly.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store cold in a bowl in the refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- Serve cold, while you enjoy a warm Summer day.