Last week-end I took part in get-together for rowers participating in the Danish Summer rowing trip on the Thames. I was responsible for food part upon arrival of the rowers Friday evening. The food was cheese tapas from the local cheese shop (easy part involving making the food order). So therefore I had plenty of time for making various breads for this cheese tapas.
I decided to the bread this easy way as well, this means making knead-free cooking pot bread !!! After looking at various recipes in the bread book "Det æltefri grydebrød", I decided to bake this oat flakes bread with linseed.
Oat flakes bread with linseed: - 1 bread
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 30 g sour dough (optional)
- 350 g cold water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 g linseed
- 125 g oat flakes
- 200 g wheat flour
- Stir yeast, sour dough and water together in a big mixing bowl. Add salt, sugar, linseed and oat flakes into the liquid and stir well.
- Afterwards add the wheat flour and stir very well with a cooking spoon.
- Rise the dough to rise at room temperature overnight - minimum 12 hours.
- Take the dough out off the mixing bowl, move 1/3 of the dough in over the rest of the dough, keep repeating this process until you have a small size of the dough.
- Clean the mixing bowl for any dough leftovers.
- Glaze the dough bowl with oil.
- Place the dough again in a clean dough, let is rise again for 2 hours.
- Heat up the cast iron cooking pot (1½-2 l) incl. lid on a rack in the lower part of the oven at 250°C (fan oven) for ½ hour.
- Remove the hot cast iron cooking from the oven, remove the lid. Cover the bottom of the cooking pot with oat flakes, as this will prevent the dough from sticking to firm to the surface.
- Place the dough in the hot cast iron cooking pot, put the lid back on. Place the cooking pot in the lower part of the oven, let it bake at 250°C for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the cast iron cooking pot, and let the bread bake at 225°C for another 15 minutes.
- Let the bread cold down on the cast iron cooking pot for 30 minutes. before it is taken out.