Besides from the breads (oat flakes bread with linseed & Rowan's five grain bread), which I baked for last week-end´s get-together for rowers participating in the Danish Summer rowing trip on the Thames, I also make some classic crispbread.
Making this crispbreads I used the easy approach in form of a plastic bag from Svansø full of the grain mix, so I did not have to buy five bags of various grains (oat flakes, sun flower seeds, linseed, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds), where you do not everything up.
It is a very process to make your own crispbread. You just mix the dough together on a stand-alone mixer, put the dough between pieces of baking paper before rolling the dough very fine followed by baking the crispbread. You can actually make these crispbread without getting your hands in contact with the dough.
The taste in these crispbread is perfect, so I will for sure make them another time in my little kitchen.
Crispbread Classic a la Svansø:
- 310 g of Svansø Knækbrød Classic mix
- 300 g wheat flour
- 1 dl olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 g water
- Heat up the fan oven to 170'C.¨
- Weigh all the ingredients into the mixing bowl of a stand alone mixer.
- Stir the dough into a homogeneous mass.
- Divide the portion into two equal portion, which is rolled out between two pieces of baking paper using a rolling pin.
- Remove the top baking paper, followed by cutting the dough into the individual pieces.
- Bake the crispbread at 170'C, until they are crisp and brownish in colour.
- After baking the crispbread break them into individual pieces.
- Cool them down and store them in air thigh container.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.