When you grow your own tomatoes on your patio or in a greenhouse, you very often have a gigant surplus of tomatoes, where you have no idea how to use those. One way of storing such a surplus of tomatoes is to turn them into pickled tomatoes. I have used this recipe Dansukker's syltede cocktailtomater without making any modification.
Pickled cocktail tomatoes: - 2-3 glasses
- 1000 g cocktail tomatoes
- 1 dl salt
- 3 fresh thyme stems
- 4 dl plain vinegar
- 3 dl sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 cinnamon stem
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger - finely chopped
- 3 cloves
- Wash the cocktail tomatoes and cut them into half.
- Mix salt and tomatoes together in a mixing bowl, which is stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse the tomatoes for salt with water. Let the tomatoes drip of in strainer.
- Place the tomatoes in clean storage glasses.
- Place a stem of fresh thyme in each glass.
- Cook up all the ingredients for the pickle liquid in a cooking pot.
- Pour the hot pickle liquid in the storage glasses with tomatoes.
- Close the glasses and store them cold.