This recipe on malt bread with almonds and cranberry I have from the baking event "Rent mel i posen", where the owner of Bønnen & Herligheden shared this recipe with us.
The malt flour, which I used for my own version is much lighter in colour compared to the malt flour, which we at this baking event. So another time I will increase the amount of malt flour from 10 g to 20-30 g to get a more dark colour a la rye bread.
The use of whole almonds and cranberries gives a nice structure/look in the final bread. This bread is excellent for tapas or cheese.
Malt bread with almonds and cranberry a la Bønnen & Herligheden: - 1 bread
- 400 g water
- 10 g yeast
- 350 g wheat flour
- 130 ølands flour - I used whole grain version
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 g acacia honey
- 10 g malt flour
- 20 g almonds
- 30 g dried cranberries
- Stir yeast and water together in the mixing bowl.
- Add in salt, honey and flours into the mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough on stand alone mixer at speed 2 for 9 minutes.
- Add in the almonds and cranberries and knead for another 1 minute.
- Raise the dough cold in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Heat up the oven to 210'C (not fan).
- Place the dough on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the bread at 210'C for approx. 40-50 minutes.
- Cold down the bread, before slicing it.