If you use pre-boiled chickpeas you can very easy make your own humus in no time at all. And most of the ingredients will be sometimes, which you would normally have in your kitchen cupboards. In this recipe I have used some yogurt, this is not a necessary ingredients, so you can this humus only from chickpeas, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Besides from using this humus as dip for fresh vegetable, it could also be used as sandwich spread. Another recipe on humus dip could be this humus of edam beans and peas.
This humus fits perfect into my January focus on citrus fruits.
I have forwarded this recipe to the monthly blogging challenge of Cooking with herbs with the theme for January month of herbs and citrus fruits.
Humus with lemon:
- 480 g pre-boiled chickpeas
- 1 organic lemon - zest and juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 dl olive oil
- 1 dl (Greek-style) yogurt
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Blend everything into a homogeneous mass
- Season with salt and pepper
- Served together with stick of various fresh vegetables such as carrots, cucumber and tomatoes.