As part of a dessert for a dinner with good friends this evening in Horsens I will be using this panna cotta and madeleines from BBC Good Food as inspiration.
I decided to twist the Madeleines with addition of citrus to fit in my January theme as well as some rosemary, so this blog post can be shared with this blogging theme of Cooking with herbs with focus on herbs and citrus fruits
Madeleines with lime and rosemary: - 15 pieces
- 3 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 90 g (cake) wheat flour
- 40 g almond flour
- 75 g butter - melted
- Heat up the oven to 200'C.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, honey, lime zest and juice and rosemary until light and foamy.
- Whip in the flour and almond flour.
- Whip in the butter until a homogeneous mass.
- Pour the dough into Madeleines form.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 200'C in the upper part of the oven.
- Cool down and store in airtight containers.