This is not a jam recipe, but a chutney recipe, which in my opinion also fits into this month theme of jam. My good friends in Horsens have a garden full of plum trees, which gives them a surplus being freely shared amongs their friends. So I recently receive a portion of 3-4 kg plums, which I either enjoy fresh or make more storable by in this case making chutney.
I have found this recipe on plum tomato chutney, where I have a few modifications, so it fitted to the available ingredients in my kichen.
- 600 g dark plums - destoned
- 4 red cherry tomatoes - diced
- 4 yelloe cherry tomatoes - diced
- 5 cm ginger - grated
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 red onion - medium-fine chopped
- 1½ dl sugar
- 5 tablespoons apple vinegar
- ½ teaspoon balcamico
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 white & 5 black pepper corns
- Add all the ingredients in a medium cooking pot.
- Let everything boil gentle for 1 hour without lid.
- Pout the chutney into glasses, which have been prepared by boiling water.
- Let the chutney stored for 1-2 weeks, before you start using it.