June 09, 2019

Whit market at Trapholt 2019


The annual White market (Pinsemarked 2019) at Trapholt started today and will also be there tomorrow White Monday.

Together with the annual Christmas market at Trapholt has become a must-do-thing for me. And I was there sharp at 10.00 this morning, when the market opened. Both at the Whit as well as the Christmas marked at Trapholt you can always find some great craft designers of very high quality.

As usual my advise to you is to arrive from the very beginng, as this means you can get parking spots more or less next door to the museum. Besides from getting a good parking spot, you can also get a good look around the various arts and craft booths, before the fair area becomes over-crowed.




So what could I "not live without" this time ?


A ceramic cup made by Rikke Elgaard. I have previously been buying a ceramic vase made by Rikke Elgaard. Going to the stand of Rikke Elgaard is like embarking on January sale, as hordes of people grabs "their vase/vases" and hold on to it, so no one else can take their vase !!!! I really like the vases, but I need to have more space to look and feel, before buying one of her larger vases.
I also found another ceramic cup made by Lea Nielsen. Both the colour as well as the the surface of the cup reminds so much about waves on a calm open sea, so this cup also had to move home to me !!!
Well, as I have enough green vases (perhaps ?), I am now on the look out for ceramic dining plate in my favourite colour of green. And here I found this plate made by Keis&Fiedler. I typically associate this ceramic with the small vases as well as the small houses. So it was a little of eye opener to see both the cups, bowls and plates. And the glazing of the cups was just fantastic. 
'

Finally I found this beautiful carve made from silk and in the colour of green. I was told by the the artist Alør, that the pattern was English stone hedges. Well, the pattern reminds me more about gobbles living in open sea ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...