I have located this recipe on rhubarb liqueur on OOP homepage (rabarberlikør). In the recipe the infusion in 3 weeks. Also the liqueur change colour from being clear to red just like this rhubarb aquavita a la COOP.
Rhubarb liqueur a la COOP:
- 400 g rhubarb - cleaned and cut into 1-2 cm
- 400 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod - open and vanilla corns mixed with 1-2 tablespoons of the sugar
- 5 dl vodka with neutral taste
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces.
- Add the pieces into a medium size glass containers.
- Add in the vanilla pod and it's corn
- Add in the sugar.
- Fill up with the vodka.
- Store the alcohol at ambient temperature for 3 weeks.
- The first 2-3 days the glass containers should be shaken vigorously to dissolve the sugar into the alcohol.
- Drain the content from the mixing bowl through a sieve.
- Pour the liqueur into glass bottles.
- Enjoy together alone or served together with dessert.