I have located this recipe on rhubarb aquavita on COOP homepage (rabarbersnaps). In the recipe the infusion in minimum 1 day, however I let the aquavita infused for 1 week. The use of chili together with rhubarb gives a good taste depth to the rhubarb. Also the aquavita change colour from being clear to red.
Rhubarb aquavita a la COOP:
- 3-4 stems of rhubarb - cleaned and cut into 1-2 cm
- ½ red chili - de-seeded and cut into smaller pieces
- 20 ml honey
- 70 dl clear neutral taste aquavita (Brøndum Klar)
- Cut the rhubarb and chili into pieces.
- Add the pieces into a medium size bowl.
- Pour in the honey.
- Fill up with the clear aquavita.
- Place the aquavita cold in the refrigerator.'
- Let the aquavita infuse for minimum 1 day or for longer time.
- Let the aquavita infuse for 1 week.
- Drain the content from the mixing bowl through a sieve.
- Pour the aquavita into a glass bottle.
- Enjoy cold together with lunch.