I have used this recipe on crisp bread a la Skovdal as starting point for making a new portion of crisp bread. Instead of using the various seeds I decided to use some left over 5 grain mixture after baking these "The miller daughters bun". The 5 grain mixture is a composition of 38% wheat flakes, 26% rye kernels, 13% linseed, 11.5% sesame seeds & 11.5% sunflower seeds.
Another recipe on crisp bread could be this classic crisp bread a la Svansø or DL crisp bread.
Crisp bread with 5 grain mixture: - 30 pieces
- 5 dl 5 grain mixture
- 2 dl wheat flour
- 1 dl whole grain wheat flour
- 1 dl oat flakes
- 2½ dl water
- 1 dl olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat up the fan oven to 180'C.
- Add all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir it together, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the crisp bread dough into two portion to get the crisp thin enough.
- Place the crisp bread on a piece of baking parchment, place another piece of baking parchment on top of the crisp bread dough.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the crisp bread dough into a thinner size.
- Remove the top piece of baking parchment, sprinkle the poppy seed on top of the crisp bread dough.
- Put back the baking parchment, and roll again with rolling pin.
- Remove the top baking parchment.
- Cut the crisp bread into piece size, so it is easier to break into pieces after baking.
- Place the crisp bread on a baking tray.
- Bake the crisp bread at 180'C for approx 20-25 minutes, until it let golden in colour. After 10-12 minutes baking twist on the baking trays to get an even baking.
- Cool down.
- Store in an airtight container.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.