March 30, 2020

Crisp bread a la Skovdal


I have found this recipe on  crisp bread in my local newspaper (VAF). I have made a few modification. Instead of only wheat flour I have used a combination of whole grain wheat flour and wheat flour. Also I did have any chia seeds in my kitchen, so I increased the amount of linseed from 2 dl to 2½ instead of.

Instead of rolling the entire portion of crisp bread dough on only one piece of baking parchment, I would next time divide the portion into two, so I could get a thinner crisp bread, which only needs 20 minutes baking time. I had to bake these crisp bread for around 40 minutes, as they still lack some crispiness in my opinion.

Another recipe on crisp bread could be this classic crisp bread a la Svansø.


Crisp bread a la Skovdal: - 30 pieces

  • 1 dl sunflower seeds
  • 2 dl wheat flour
  • 1 dl whole grain wheat flour
  • 1 dl pumpkin seeds
  • 2½ dl linseed
  • 1 dl oat flakes
  • 2½ dl water
  • 1 dl olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • poppy seed for decoration
  1. Heat up the fan oven to 180'C.
  2. Add all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
  3. Stir it together, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Divide the crisp bread dough into two portion to get thin enough.
  5. Place the crisp bread on a piece of baking parchment, place another piece of baking parchment on top of the crisp bread dough.
  6. Use a rolling pin to flatten the crisp bread dough into a thinner size.
  7. Remove the top piece of baking parchment, sprinkle the poppy seed on top of the crisp bread dough.
  8. Put back the baking parchment, and roll again with rolling pin.
  9. Remove the top baking parchment.
  10. Cut the crisp bread into piece size, so it is easier to break into pieces after baking.
  11. Place the crisp bread on a baking tray.
  12. Bake the crisp bread at 180'C for approx 20 minutes, until it let golden in colour.
  13. Cool down.
  14. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...