As company for the saffron ice cream for the Christmas lunch I decided to make a second ice cream using chai powder (similar done in the chai scones). Using these pre-mix of chai powders is a very easy way for making various product with a chai spicy flavour.
At the same time is serving as a good start to my TO DO LIST 2016, where I already can tick of a point on the list :-)
UPDATE 13 January 2016:
This ice cream is being forward for the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme of Anythings goes. Tea Time Treast is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.
Chai ice cream:
- 630 g whole milk, 3-3.5% fat
- 39 g skimmed milk powder
- 96 g sugar
- 32 g glucose syrup as powder
- 6 g ice cream stabiliser
- 7 tablespoons of David Rio maple moose chai powder
- Dry-mix all the powder ingredients. Pout them into the milk, as the milk is whipped.
- Pour the milk base into the a cooking pot.
- Heat the ice cream mix over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the ice cream mix into a plastic container with a lid on.
- Cool down the ice cream mix in the refrigerator, let the mix stand for minimum 4 hours or night over.
- Whip the ice cream mix prior to freezing it.
- Pour the mix into the ice cream machine and freeze it into ice cream, which takes around 30-40 minutes.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer.
- Serve together with 1-2 pieces of chai fudge
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.