I have found this recipe on granola with mixed nuts in the monthly magazine "Samvirke", issue December 2015. I have made no modification to the actually recipe. I noticed, that the baking process in fan oven more easily turns the granola mix more dark in colour with more of a brown, burned flavour. So perhaps the temperature should be reduced with 5-10'C ?
Granola with mixed nuts:
- 200 g hazelnuts
- 200 g almonds
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 75 g sesame seeds
- 150 g raisins
- 300 rough oat flakes
- 4 dl apple juice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Heat up the fan oven to 185'C.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a larger mixing bowl.
- Stir the apple juice, maple syrup and oil together in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Stir the liquid phase into all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the granola mixture on to two baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the granola mix at 185'C for 15-20 minutes, before the granola mix is covered with baking paper to prevent the granola from becoming to burnt in the colour.
- After 30 minutes baking time stir the granola mix around. Cover the mix with baking paper again.
- Bake again at 185'C for another 10 minutes.
- Turn down the heat in the fan oven.
- Keep the granola mix in the fan oven for another 4 hours or night over.
- Store the granola in airtight container.
- Use the granola as topping on yogurt or toegther with your usual breakfast cereal.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.