Asparagus season is here, so it is a question about enjoying as many fresh asparagus as possible (other suggestion is triple asparagus risotto). I used this recipe on asparagus soup as starting point. I done the the twisting about using canned white asparagus and their liquid in order to increase the taste of asparagus.
Asparagus soup: 3-4 servings
- 500 g white asparagus - to have the end broken off, to be peeled and chopped into 2 cm pieces do not peel the head of the white asparagus
- 400 g green asparagus - to have the end broken off and chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 270 canned white asparagus - 140 g liquid & 130 g asparagus
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 2½-3 dl dairy whipping cream, 30-38% fat
- season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the two types of asparagus individual.
- Melt the butter in a medium cooking pot.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the wheat flour. Let the wheat flour dissolved into the melted butter.
- Start by stirring in the pickled asparagus liquid.
- Afterwards add in the vegetable stock little by little, so the butter-flour mixture is dissolved into the vegetable stock.
- Add in the prepared white asparagus. Let the asparagus pieces simmer gentle in the soup for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cream to the soup together with the prepared green asparagus pieces and canned white asparagus pieces
- Bring the soup to the boil. Let the soup boil gentle for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt & pepper.
Bei diesem Weblog geht es um Kochen.ReplyDelete