Yesterday it was the Danish Constitution Day here in Denmark (5 June), and as usual I spend the day rowing on the fjord of Vejle all the way out (and back again) to the end point of the fjord on the Southern side of it, which is Trelde Næs, where you from Vejle Fjord can look down into Lillebælt (Little Belt) celebrating our freedom for assembly, freedom of speech and freedom of association.
After a wonderful day spend rowing on the fjord we gather in my little park enjoying this Apple Martini. I have located this recipe in the the magazine Isabellas issue 2/2013. However, we found out, that we needed less alcohol in our blood, so the amount of apple juice was increased.
Apple Martini: - 6-8 drinks
- 3 dl gin
- 6 dl dry Martini
- 10-12 dl apple juice
- juice of 1 lime
- lime - cut into small boat shapes
- 1/4 apple - cut into smaller pieces
- plenty of ice cubes
- Mix gin, dry Martini. lime juice and apple juice in one big jug with plenty of ice cubes.
- Place apple pieces and lime boat in a high ball glass.
- Fill the Apple Martini into the high ball glass.
- Cheers :-)