In Country Living May 2013 issue I located this recipe on tart with asparagus and smoked salmon, which looked very tasteful on the picture in the magazine. My only concern was the use of salmon, as I have been feed too much salmon during various air travelling. Well, I decided to test the recipe out.
The only change, which I did to this recipe was to make one big pie instead of several smaller pies. Therefore I have also increased the baking time in the oven.
Tart with asparagus and smoked salmon a la Country Living: - 1 big pie
- 1 roll of ready-to-use pie dough
- 400-500 g asparagus – chopped into smaller pieces
- 60 g Brie cheese, rind removed
- 300 g dairy cream with 9-18% fat
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dill – chopped
- 175-200 g smoked salmon – chopped
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
- Place the pie dough in the pie form, cover the top of the dough with baking paper and place ceramic baking beans on top.
- Start by baking the dough with baking beans at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the pie form out of the oven, remove the baking beans and bake the dough for another 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180'C.
- While you bake the dough, you should prepare the rest of the tart filling.
- Pour boiling water over the asparagus pieces.
- Cut the cheese into smaller pieces and mix them into the cream until they are homogeneous.
- Afterwards add into egg and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the asparagus and smoked salmon pieces into the pie form with the baked dough.
- Fill the cream-mass into the form as well.
- Bake the tart at 180'C for 50-60 minutes, until the tart is golden brow.