I have been making some future twist to this recipe on tart with asparagus and smoked salmon using another classic combination of asparagus and ham, as I really have a "salmon issue" being over feed with salmon in connection with business travels, so salmon stay from me !!!!
And I definitely prefer this option with asparagus and smoked ham, so therefore I am looking forward to hear your comments to this recipe.
I also decided to increasing the baking temperature from 180'C to 200'C, as I am person demanding faster speed for baking tarts.
Tart with asparagus and smoked ham: - 1 big pie
- 1 roll of ready-to-use pie dough
- 400-500 g asparagus – chopped into smaller pieces
- 100-125 g Emmentaler cheese - grated
- 300 g dairy cream with 9-18% fat
- 2 eggs
- 200 g smoked salmon – chopped into smaller pieces
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
- Place the pie dough in the pie form, cover the top of the dough with baking paper and place ceramic baking beans on top.
- Start by baking the dough with baking beans at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the pie form out of the oven, remove the baking beans and bake the dough for another 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180'C.
- While you bake the dough, you should prepare the rest of the tart filling.
- Pour boiling water over the asparagus pieces.
- Mix grated cheese into the cream until the mix is homogeneous.
- Afterwards add into eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the asparagus and smoked ham pieces into the pie form with the baked dough.
- Fill the cream-mass into the form as well.
- Bake the tart at 200'C for 35-45 minutes, until the tart is golden brow.