October 24, 2013

Rose Lemonade Scones a la "Lavender & Lovage"


When I original found these recipe by Lavender and Lovage on Rose Lemonade Scones I knew at once, that I needed to save this recipe, so I could make it for an afternoon tea. This afternoon tea turned out to be the PINK fund-raising afternoon tea 2013, which I find very fitting PINK and rose scones, they sort of both belong to the same colour :-)

The only minor hurdle about this recipe was, how to get hold of the most important ingredient in form of Fentiman´s Rose lemonade, as I not living in England, but here in Denmark. To overcome this minor hurdle you need to involve your surrounding network !!! My good friends from Horsens were going to England on Summer vacation bringing their own car, so they were "informed" to keep their eyes open for this specific lemonade. Luckily enough they found this lemonade and took it home to me. Later on I have located a wine web shop here in Denmark, which apparently should be selling this lemonade. So now I need to try our this "Danish option".

The taste of rose is great, however I was not to happy about the consistency of the scones dough before baking, as it extremely difficult to cut and handled. So another time I think I will be using this scones recipe as starting point instead of


Rose Lemonade Scones a la "Lavender & Lovage": - 9 scones

  • 125 ml rose lemonade - Fentiman's Rose Lemonade
  • 300 g (cake) flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 50 g sugar 
  • 125 g sour cream with 38% fat
  • 2 tablespoon milk for glazing
  1. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 250'C.
  2. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir it well together.
  3. Add the rose lemonade and sour cream on top, and stir the mass together to a homogeneous mass, but do not over mix the dough.
  4. Place the dough onto a surface covered with flour and pressing out into a thickness of approx 2 cm.
  5. Cut the scones out, I normally a glass for this purpose
  6. Place the scones a baking tray covered with baking paper.
  7. Glaze the scones with milk.
  8. Bake the scones in the upper part of the oven at 250'C for 10-15 minutes.
  9. Serve the scones warn with whipped cream and rose jam !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...