During the Winter season you can sometime need a hot and warming meal to keep your warm during some cold and windy Winter days.
The dish is an easy meal to cook and prepare including making a bigger portion for some easy meals during busy week days.
Winter Pot: - 4 servings
- 400 g minced beef meat
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 400 g canned minced tomatoes
- 200 ml water
- 1 x 200 g canned maize
- 1 red pepper fruit - chopped into squares
- 1 green pepper fruit - chopped into squares
- 1 onion - chopped
- 250 g mushrooms - chopped in quarters
- 250-300 g cocktail sausages
- 2 cloves of garlic
- starch for viscosity adjustment
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fry the beef meat, onion and garlic in the hot olive oil.
- After frying add into the pepper fruit squares and mushrooms. Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the canned tomatoes and water.
- Bring the dish to the boiling point.
- Add in the starch and maize.
- Finally add in the cocktail sausages.
- Let the entire dish boil gentle for 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve this Winter Pot with boiled rice.