I will not mentioned any names, but some people have been asking me, if I am going "ottomok" !!!! Perhaps because I have been sharing four recipes on risottos and speltotto with you over the last 3½ weeks. Well here is another recipe on risotto, which arrived together with my weekly vegetable box this week (newsletter 6/2014). And as it gave me the chance to use the squash in risotto, I knew at once I had to make yet another risotto. I have made a few adjustments on the amount of rice and vegetable stock.
Many greeting to certain people in Horsens from the "ottomok" :-)
Risotto with squash: - 2-3 servings
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 squash - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g risotto rice
- 2 dl white wine
- 8 dl vegetable stock - warm
- 20-25 g butter - i smaller pieces
- 50 g Parmesan cheese - grated
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chopped all the vegetable in the desired size.
- Heat up the olive oil in a bigger cooking pot. Add all the vegetable and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir them around for 1 minute to absorb the oil.
- Pour in the white wine on top of the vegetable and rice and let the wine cook at lower heat, until the majority of the wine has boiled away.
- Afterwards add the warm vegetable stock little by little, let the rice absorb most of the liquid, before adding more vegetable stock. This part of the cooking process takes approx. 20 minutes.Keep stirring regular.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the smaller butter pieces and let them melt into the risotto together with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the risotto with grated Parmesan in the serving plates/bowls.
- Eat together with the white wine.