ROMANTIC marzipan cake
I think it is time for you to have a cup of coffee or tea with a heart cake :-)
I have found this recipe on these marzipan cakes on Himmelske Kager - kransekage med hindbær og lime. I have made no changes at all to the recipe. However, next time I will make a reduction on the amount of icing sugar, as I find the sweetness level to cover over the taste of raspberry and lime. I imaging a reduction of 20-25 g icing sugar to a total amount of 75-80 g icing sugar would give a more flavour full and less sweet taste.
Marzipan cake with raspberry and lime: - 20-25 cakes
- 250 g marzipan
- 100 g icing sugar
- 15 g egg white
- 1 organic lime - zest
- 2 tablespoon freeze dried raspberry
- sugar heart for decoration
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Knead the marzipan, icing sugar, egg white and lime zest together by hand to a homogeneous mass.
- At the end of the kneading process add in the freeze dried raspberry.
- Roll the marzipan cake mass into long strings, which is cut into a desired length.
- Place the marzipan cake on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the marzipan cake in the upper part of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.
- Cool down the marzipan cakes.
- Make some icing for gluing on the heart shape decoration.