It is high season for pomegranates, which is so fully of taste, bursting texture, vitamin C and some active ingredients being of great benefit for your facial look, as they perhaps will remove your wrinkles !!!
I am making pomegranate syrup, as I will be needing this specific syrup for Valentine´s Day this upcoming Friday for two recipes, the first one in the very morning and the second in the evening. Well, you have to look into my kitchen on Valentine´s Day to see, what is going on :-)
- 1 pomegranates
- 50 g sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Divide the pomegranate into 4 pieces. Remove the kernels. Do this over a cooking pot, so you do not waste the wonderful juice of pomegranate.
- Add lemon juice, water and sugar to the pomegranate kernels in the cooking pot.
- Let it boil for approx 10 minutes, while stirring regular.
- Pass the pomegranate syrup through a sieve and collect the syrup.
- Cool down the syrup.
- Store the syrup in the refrigerator.