I felt like making a pie for dinner with asparagus and goat cheese, so I simply googled "pie with asparagus and goat cheese" and this google search let me to Twin Food - spring pie with asparagus and goat cheese.
I decided to make the following changes: I went for a ready-to-use pie dough brought in the super markets, I used all the cottage cheese in the smallest packing size available in the super market, so I was left with a small amount of cottage cheese in the refrigerator afterwards, which easily could end up thrown in the bin. And I finally I decided to add some Dijonnaise as well in the pie fillings, as I felt like it.
So this pie besides from serving as my dinner also could my contribution for the monthly blogging event called "Tea Time Treat" managed Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers. The May theme of "Open Top Tarts, Pies and Quiches" has been selected by Jane from The Hedge Combers.
Spring pie with asparagus and goat cheese a la Twin Food:
- pie dough - I used a ready-to-use dough
- 100 g goat cheese - thinly sliced
- 250 g green asparagus
- 3 eggs
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijonnaise
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cover the pie form with the pie dough.
- Lay a bottom layer of green asparagus on top of the pie dough.
- Stir cottage cheese, eggs, Dijonnaise, salt and pepper well together, pour it on top of the asparagus.
- Place the goat cheese slices on top.
- Bake the pie at 200'C for 30 minutes in the middle-upper part of the (conventional) oven.
- Served together with fresh salad and cold glass of white wine.