I still had some overdue dairy cream left after I had cooked these orange caramels, so I cooked an new version of these liquorice cream caramels adjusting this recipe on soft boiled caramels by Mette Blomsterberg, so the caramels actually had a taste of liquorice !
Soft boiled liquorice caramels: - 30 caramels
- 70 g butter
- 210 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 250 g sugar
- 40 g sweet liquorice syrup
- ½ teaspoon raw liquorice powder
- 50 g glucose syrup
- Add all the ingredients into a small cooking pot.
- Stir continues, as the caramel mass is heated up, until the temperature reach 121'C.
- Fill the caramel mass into small alu- or paper-form.
- Place the caramels cold, until they cooled down.
- Store in an airtight container.