At a food production exhibition I picked up this recipe by Krydderurter.dk on an orange cake with rosemary, which is very fitting for suggestion of the monthly blogging challenge of Cooking with herbs having the theme of winter herbs. And rosemary is still having fresh and very green outdoor in it´s pot.
Orange cake with rosemary: - 1 cake
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g butter - melted
- 2 tablespoon of freshly minced rosemary
- 200 g (cake) wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 organic orange - peel and juice of it
- Heat up the oven to 175'C
- Whip eggs and sugar light and foamy.
- Mix rosemary with flour, baking powder and orange peel, and stir it into the egg-sugar mix.
- Add the melted butter and orange juice into the cake mix without stirring to much.
- Pour the cake dough into a cake form of 1½-2 liter. Consider to cover the cake form with baking paper, before pouring in the cake dough.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 175'C for 1 hour.
- Cool down the cake, before serving with a nice cup of tea.