Cake for my Valentine
My good Estonian colleague has shared this recipe on blondie with cranberry and raspberry with me. Well, actually her blondie was "only" with cranberries, so for Valentine´s Day I decided to increase the romantic colour of red by adding in some dried raspberries :-)
- 150 g white chocolate
- 150 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 90 g (cake) flour
- 100 g white chocolate - chopped into bigger pieces
- 150 g dried cranberries - roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dried raspberries
- Heat up the fan oven to 180'C
- Melt the 150 g white chocolate together with butter over low heat in a medium cooking pot.
- Whip eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar very well together.
- Stir the flour and melted chocolate and butter into the egg-sugar mass.,
- Gently stir in the chocolate pieces, dried cranberries and dried raspberries.
- Pour the cake dough in a silicone form.
- Bake the cake at 180'C for 30-40 minutes. Check after 25 minutes, if the cake still has a liquid core.
- Keep baking until the core is not liquid any more.
- Cold down the cake prior to cutting it.