Today Tuesday is White Tuesday, so the day where you in preparation for the fast will use up all your flour and milk in your kitchen. Milk and flour is some of the main ingredients in pancakes, so therefore White Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day.
Instead of baking pancakes I decided to bake wafers using some new equipment in my kitchen in form of silicone wafer form from Lékué.
Waffles: - 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 410 g milk
- 240 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark syrup
- 110 g butter - melted
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 220'C.
- Whip milk and egg together by hand in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter.
- Add flour, salt, syrup and baking powder. And stir everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Place the silicone waffler forms on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Pour the waffler dough in the silicone forms.
- Bake the wafflers in the middle of the oven at 220'C for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the wafflers from the oven, de-mould the wafflers from the silicone by turning up-side-down and place the wafflers on the baking tray itself.
- Bake the wafflers with pattern side at 220'C for 4-5 minutes until they turn golden.
- Serve together with fresh fruit and ahorn syrup.